Monday, July 9, 2007

two years…

Today is our 2nd wedding anniversary. It’s hard to believe – the time has flown by so fast. J and I are in agreement that the past 3 years have been the best of our lives. We feel so blessed to not only have each other to love, but now a child as well.

We had an early anniversary dinner on Saturday night while Riley got some lovin’ from Gramma Betsy and our mutual friend Cathy, who came down from Maine. After dinner, we took a walk along Plum Island beach, which is the site of our engagement. A lovely and romantic night.

This morning, the Berg 3 hung out in mommy & daddy’s bed. You can see from the pictures how Riley’s able to hold his neck up pretty well:

My sleeping experiment of the past week has shown us that Riley gets 10-11 hours of sleep each night with two feedings, one from dad (midnight – 3a) and one from mom (5a – 7a). Not bad at all for a 6 week old. Going to bed at 7p seems to be right for him, regardless of how long he has napped during the day. Since his early morning feeding can vary a couple of hours, the number and duration of naps during the day varies.

After skimming a couple of books on the subject of children and sleep**, I’m not sweating it. As long as he’s happy and we’re able to put him down when he’s first showing signs of tiredness, I expect him to settle into a routine in the next month or two.

I love both my boys!

Shelby


**Solve Your Child’s Sleep Problems

**Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child

2 comments:

The Bergs said...

God has truly blessed us over the last three plus years. I am truly grateful.

I love my girl and my boy!

- Jonathan

Kristen said...

shelby, I see you in riley in the picture on the right!