Sunday, December 2, 2007

oh christmas tree...

Last Saturday night we put up our Christmas tree. Knowing of our baby boy's love of bright, shiny things (especially lights of all kinds) we could hardly wait to see what his reaction to the tree would be. So Sunday night we put him in his Bumbo seat on a chair in front of the as yet to be lit tree. The first thing he did (of course) was to look right at the camera and smile. Not what we had in mind, since we wanted to see his expression when the tree lit up:










We do have our boy trained I guess... So since Riley wouldn't turn to face the tree, (not surprising since he had no idea what it was) we turned the tree on anyway. I wish I could show you the video of his head snapping sideways to look at the tree. Here's a picture of him in rapt attention to the tree:










I never thought lighting a Christmas tree could be so much fun.

We love our boy!

Jonathan

1 comment:

Tonya C said...

Hmmm! A love of bright, shiny things? I like this kid more and more every day! :)

A horoscope that I carry around with me said, in part: "Your sense of direction is compromised by dazzling things you see alongside the road of life..." Who says these things are hoo-ey? :)

Enjoy that little guy at this truly magical and blessed time!

Tonya