Thursday, November 29, 2007

success with the sippy cup










Riley’s been practicing with the sippy for a couple of months now. He bites it and eventually sucks for a microsecond and goes back to biting. This morning, when I offered him the cup, he started sucking! I took it out and gave it back to him about 10 times to make sure that it wasn’t just a fluke. No fluke, the boy got it and I managed to get a photo of it, while helping to keep it tilted for him.

I don’t know why I got so excited about this particular “milestone”, but as I thought about it on my way to work I actually teared up over it. Maybe it’s just the realization that while most days seem the same in almost every way, that he is changing and maturing…a reminder that he’s growing up. I think every mom understands the sad/happy (or happy/sad) reaction to the reality. I love to see him learn new things and yet I’m conscious of how fleeting these days are.

We love our good-sippin’ boy!

Shelby

No comments: