Thursday, April 16, 2009

opening day at lynn woods

Since November I've been taking over morning daycare duties. It's been something I've loved, since it's meant spending a lot more time with my son. There have been precious few downsides, but one thing I've had to give up has been hard: mid day mountain bike rides.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm passionate (read: obsessed) with mountain biking. I've actually been riding 12 months a year for 14 years now. So this has been a challenge.

With spring come higher temperatures though and that means that my sweet son doesn't risk hypothermia if I take him outside while I exercise. And tax day is always a happy day for me...it's the day that Lynn Woods Reservation opens up to mountain bikes for the season. So what does this all mean? It means Riley and Daddy are going riding! Some pictures and video:

Riley is ready to go!














Happy boy riding with Blue. When I opened up the trailer to take the picture he pointed to my bike and said, "Bike!"















Some of the great Lynn Woods Scenery















Ride video



It was great to get outside, get in a hard ride and spend some quality time with my boy all at the same time. And climbing with the trailer attached is going to be great for my training regimen...

Oh, and just for the record, I would never actually do something like this:














Remember, I LOVE my boy. And I want him to LOVE riding. You see I have this plan to develop a riding partner...


Jonathan

No comments: