Thursday, April 26, 2007

the showers

Last Saturday, the ladies from my church community group (and Dea), hosted a baby shower for me. It was a wonderful time of celebrating the blessing of Riley’s upcoming arrival and I was touched that my cousins Julie and Erica and an 8 mos. pregnant Jenn B. were able to come down from Maine as well as Betsy and Marlene from Newburyport.

Riley collected some serious booty – lots of books, adorable clothes and handmade items (sock puppets from Aimee, glow-in-the-dark mobile from Heidy, Mickey Mouse blanket from Julie, and a homesewn “hooter hider” from Jenn K for his modest mama). Lisa found a bunch of moose-themed gifts in honor of my Alaskan roots and Riley got a personal invitation on a seashell from Gramma Betsy to come and play with her at Plum Island anytime (which we will take her up on!).

The spread was full of my favorite finger foods & drinks – fruit salad, cheese and crackers, thai spring rolls, thai iced tea, crab cakes – it was all delicious. Antonia brought mango nectar (made in her home country of Bulgaria) not knowing that it’s one of my favorite liquid treats. It’s awesome to have such great friends to celebrate with; I felt very loved by them all.

-Here you see the three preggos on the sofa (from left) – Jenn B (June), Me (May), Jenn K (April)







Alecia & Aimee who is holding Oil’s daughter Zippy – our son’s intended if we have our way (we’re negotiating the details of the dowry with Jon and Oil)



Group shot with Erica, Lisa (& CeCe), Dagmar & Oil






Me & Dea








Today, my co-workers threw me another shower with more good food and good stuff for Riley. The folks at InterGen were very generous and bought the stroller & car seat combo and Baby Bjorn we had registered for as well as other gifts. So now I don’t have to worry about not having a car seat to bring Riley home in – we have everything we need in the event of early labor.

Here’s a couple shots from today’s shower:












If labor happens it will only be early for the next 7 days. I’m 36 weeks today and as of next Thursday, Riley is considered full-term. May God have mercy on me and start those contractions soon after. I’m feeling “beached” at this point…

Shelby

No comments: