Sunday, January 13, 2008

study time - daddy's perspective...

Shelby has been studying for an upcoming Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) exam for a while now. It's a necessary part of her work, at least if she wants to be promoted. What it means though, is a ton of studying. If you're working full time and caring for a baby, that means the studying happens entirely during your 'free' time. So that has meant that life has been different for the whole family over the last couple of months.

The biggest change from Daddy's perspective is that I have my boy almost entirely to myself during
the weekends. To a certain degree this is a 'guilty pleasure', since I don't have to share him at all. It's fun having so much one on one time with Riley. It does grow old in some ways though. I can see a little of how hard it would be to be a single parent. Both of us miss Shelby when she's gone all day. Weekends aren't as full of fun family stuff as they were prior to study time. And social activities have almost disappeared. We're hoping for a payoff down the road for all of Momma's hard work.

The fun part is getting to spend so much time just hanging out and playing with my boy. Here are some pictures:


Riley likes hanging
upside down









Upside down boy









Playing with Daddy in the kitchen










Stacking Ring Boy









Taking a trip to see Grandma Betsy









Playing with Mr. Smiley Face









I'm thankful for a wife who is such a hard worker. I'm also thankful for a wife who is such a great mother. Riley and Daddy are looking forward to the end of February when exams are done, we're all moved into our new home and we can take some time to just hang out...all three of us.

I love my wife and I love my boy!


Jonathan

3 comments:

Holly said...

ok, don't know you but um, that was a great post!!!

Shelby said...

Holly, I enjoyed your latest "how does she do it?" post... i thought it was hard enough for us to get to church on time!

The Bergs said...

Holly, I don't know you but I enjoy your blog as well!

Jonathan