Thursday, January 31, 2008

sicko

I knew it would happen…I was getting off too easy for having being a professional woman with an 8 month old. I got the call. You know -- The Call -- from daycare. On Wed, Diane called saying that I might want to call the Doc about the diarrhea, the coughing and the watery eyes. This, in addition to the lethargy and endless double barrel snots of the past week.

So, on the brink of my busiest time of the month (D-1 of month-end financial close), I pack up my laptop and grab a bunch of work to take home. I take my boy in to see Doctor H. (a homeopathic MD) and much to my relief, it appears to be just a stomach bug with the additional cold. No ear infection, pneumonia or strep. But no going to daycare until Monday at the earliest.

J and I do the split shift when Riley can’t go in to work with J. Since my busiest time of day is mornings and J’s is afternoons, we take turns at home. It’s stressful though, as I never feel like I’m giving my best to either my boy or my employer.

Riley’s on probiotics & another homeopathic treatment and plenty of rest. Today, he took a record 3.5 hour mid-day nap and woke up his old chatty self. That’s when we know he’s not feeling well – he stops babbling. When he’s talking, it’s a good sign that he could be on the mend. He's been pretty much a bump on a log the past 10 days -- not overly fussy, just very mellow.

Here's a couple shots of our not-so-active boy that I took yesterday.


































Shelby

1 comment:

Kristen said...

i think riley joins just about every single other baby/toddler at CTK in being sick right now. hope he feels better soon!