Sunday, April 6, 2008

boys weekend

Shelby was away for a women's retreat this weekend which left Daddy and Riley at home together. We decided not to shave and to sit around in our underwear watching TV all weekend. Not really. We put on clothes and didn't watch TV. We had a good time. Friday night we played in the living room and I got some video of Riley and his favorite: Ducky.



Here's one of my favorite pictures of late, Riley going after the camera:










Yesterday I spent some time figuring out how to best get video from the video camera to the computer. While I was doing that Riley had the run of the place. He was back and forth from the living room to the kitchen over and over with brief stops to say hi to Daddy who was on the computer in the middle of his traffic pattern:



We had a ball all weekend (Daddy loves to play with his boy, and so did a lot more of that than working on the computer.) The only difficult time came at meal time. For some reason Riley has decided that he's only going to eat a little of what he's given. Then he pushes it away or grabs at the spoon. Odd, since he's always been a good eater with little fuss. (Also kind of funny as he would eat ANYTHING that he found sitting on the floor. Hmm, dinner on the floor?) The worst was dinner on Saturday. The only thing that he ate without a fight was avocado (oh, and of course Cheerios...) We started with Gerber's version of Lasagna, which looks and tastes (yes, I tried it) suspiciously like really small SpaghettiO's. In between each bite he would give a half whine, half cry, which would immediately stop once the spoon was inserted into his mouth. Before I could clean up the excess (the kid is fast) he'd get his hand up into his mouth, get it covered in "Lasagna" and then immediately rub it into his eyes / hair / etc. He did the same with the yogurt I gave him when he wouldn't have any more "Lasagna". No issues with prune juice, avocado or Cheerios though... Here are a couple of shots of the carnage:




















Overall it was a really fun weekend, although Mama was missed quite a bit by both of her boys. We're glad to have her back. Oh, and I am so grateful that I am not a single parent. The optimal number of parents really is two in my opinion.


One more shot of my beautiful boy on one of his visits to the computer desk:










I love my boy!


Jonathan

No comments: