Monday, April 14, 2008

demolition boy

A couple of weeks back Shelby posted a picture of Riley in a hat so that he looked "Like A Boy". It's funny, knowing my boy's personality I have a hard time imagining that anyone could think of him as anything but a boy. (Of course, they don't live with him...and he is a good looking boy.)

There are certain traits that are just hard wired into the two sexes. Girls
(in general) naturally notice and are attracted to babies. I've seen this over and over with friend's and family's little girls.

Boys however, (once again, in general) tend toward testosterone laden activities and interests. Males love to demolish things. This is true pretty much across the board, as is evidenced by the great joy we take in watching the destruction and mayhem in Bourne / James Bond / superhero movies.

Which brings me back to my sweet, wonderful BOY. The evidence:



Fueled by 100% pure testosterone. There is no question. He won't even allow the foundation of what we build to remain in place. No stone left unturned!

Man, are we going to have some fun over the years. I can't wait to go out and destroy, I mean ride some mountain bikes together. Oh, and I'll have someone to watch all those cool action adventure movies with...

I love my boy!


Jonathan

1 comment:

Holly said...

that was pretty cute.
I'll have to say though that what I loved most was the parent's reactions - you can just hear the love ooozing out...