Tuesday, May 27, 2008

birthday...chapter 3

Chapter three is a bit more low key than the others. On Sunday after church we headed down to CT to spend some time with my Mom. When we arrived my brother Bruce was there with my niece Britney. We had our third celebration with another cake and a present from Bruce and his family (nesting /stacking blocks...Riley and I played with them the rest of the weekend...) Something I've noticed is that Riley is OK with the 'birthday song', but he LOVES it when everyone claps at the end and they're all looking at him. Makes me wonder if he's got a future as a performer of some sort. We're kind of hoping for a drummer...

Monday morning we went with Mom shopping for more birthday presents, this time some badly needed
clothing. We got some really cute outfits (thanks Mom!) Our boy will be stylin'. Some of my favorite shots from Mom's:

Riley Loves Grandma!















Hangin' with Grandma on the swing



















Swinging with Grandma can make a boy sleepy














Finally it was time to head back home and the three day birthday extravaganza was over. I have to say that as much as I enjoy my birthday, Riley's is much more fun. I hope it's always that way.

We love our one year old boy!


Jonathan

1 comment:

Holly said...

I just got caught up on the last three chapters and I am all but crying.
He is one precious little boy and he has some amazing parents!!!

Happy Birthday Riley!