Sunday, June 7, 2009

browning-rinner-beeman reunion

No trip to Alaska is complete without getting together with some of our longtime family friends from Grace Baptist Church & Grace Baptist Academy. Every time I return I get to see one or two people that I haven't seen in a coon's age along with the usual suspects that show up for the party at our house.

This year, along with the Rinner family, we got to see a couple of the Beeman kids now all grown up with kids. I thought it amusing that the "little kids" like Tiff, Brandon & Alisa are older than some of my Boston friends that I currently hang out with. Those 5 or so years of age difference don't mean a hoot now. Growing older really is the great equalizer.

Thankfully, the weather was nice and the kids were able to play outside most of the time. Here's some snaps for your enjoyment:

The Patriarch & Matriarch of the Rinner Clan, Ed & Dee:














Shane & Mandy with Tagan:















Brandon with Blaise & Ainsley:















Jeremy & Tiff with Ransom:















Trey & Alisa with Zeke:















Chris & his eldest, Savannah:















Riley & Ransom shared food & drink as well as toys:





























Riley flirted a bit with Tagan:














The big kids loved playing with Mandy:















While the little kids had fun in Poppa's playhouse:















Inside, you can see all the "men" in the kitchen ( J's leg in on the left in front of Riley ):















Alisa was one of my favorite roommates in Nashville back in the late 90's:















Tiff & I both married mountain bikers, have pierced noses and share some holistic parenting perspectives. I like comparing notes with her:















Growing up together, Shane and I fought A LOT, but that ended in high school and we play nice and set a good example for our kids:















It was a great way to end another wonderful trip home to Alaska.

Shelby

No comments: