Monday, October 1, 2007

sicky boy

We knew it was bound to happen before too long…after 6 wks of daycare, Riley caught his first cold. He’s been sneezing and sounds congested, but other than that, you wouldn’t know he was sick (he’s as happy as ever). Didn’t actually have a fever, (which is technically 100.4) but came close. So far, I haven’t missed any work on account of it.

In the past few days he’s perfected the art of grabbing his toes when he’s on the changing table:








You can see his new “shoes” that I bought him for the winter. They’re brown with brightly colored trucks on them.

What else… oh, he’s been waking up at 5am pretty regularly for the past couple of weeks. He seems to do fine on 10 hours of sleep. Does this mean I need to put him to bed at 8 instead of 7? I’m going to try it and find out.

The formula supplementation is going well. I’ve upped his ounces from 23 – 33 and he taking everything and pooping like a mad dog again. For the last 6 weeks or so, they were every few days and had us a little concerned. We’ve had some prodigious ones lately that traveled all the way up the back. I love Oxi-Clean!

I took these tonight just before bed – he’s modeling his new sleepwear – a one-piece long-john from Target:




























Shelby

3 comments:

Kristen said...

sounds like riley boy may be ready for some rice cereal? 33oz of formula--that's one hungry monkey! he looks great--love the new jammies.

The Bergs said...

He probably is, but I'm avoiding the extra work involved with solids as long as possible! It's so much easier with milk...I'm hoping to make it to 6 mos if I can.

But, I have the cereal on the shelf just in case. :-)

lee lee said...

oh, what a CUTE smile in that middle photo!