Monday, February 4, 2008

on the mend and pulling up

Riley finally started showing signs of improvement on Friday and by Sunday, he was pretty much back to his old self. It was good to see his energy level at it's norm and to hear him jabbering away. I didn't realize how much I'd miss his talking until it was gone.

I mentioned back on his 8 month blog (Jan 23rd) that we've been using the laundry basket as a play "boat" for Riley. Well, less a week later he started trying to pull himself up in it. He's still not strong enough to get very far and is still figuring out how to get his knees in position, but it has to be secured against something else so he doesn't topple over.

In fact, anything he can reach to pull himself up with, he will. I'm just hoping he holds off for a couple more weeks when we get moved and can spare the time to watch him more closely.

J took these last Friday morning when Riley was throwing his toys out of the basket and you can see him trying to get to the box next to his boat.











I often put him in his crib when I need a few minutes away. After making his dinner, this is what I came back to:

I guess we'll be dropping the crib mattress down to a lower level this week...my boy could be doing a face plant on the hardwood floor before I know it.

Shelby

No comments: