Thursday, February 7, 2008

a happy day for mama

Today, I had another milestone (of sorts)... I was able to wear a pair of my pre-pregnancy pants to work. I've been able to wear my activewear since November, but that's due to the elasticized waists and spandex. A couple of weeks ago, I packed up my maternity clothes and decided to wear just my skirts until my pants felt comfortable again. So, I have one pair of work pants and one pair of jeans that I can fit in to. I think that leaves about 10 more to go!

After gaining over 70 pounds in my pregnancy and having 40 left to lose at the end of my post-partum period, it has seemed like a long, long road getting to this place. It's definitely harder to lose the weight at 38 than it was at 33. The first six months, I just ate smaller portions of healthy food and always felt satisfied. After that, I had to deprive myself a bit more in order to see results. But it strengthens my theory that losing weight is 70% how you eat and 30% how much you exercise. Exercise helps, but the diet is what matters most. Again, I'm glad to have such a supportive husband who enjoys eating healthy too.

The one thing I disliked most about pregnancy was not having the freedom to do the physical things that I was used to doing -- from rolling over in bed to running 3 miles. After a year and a half, it feels good to have the ole' bod back.

Shelby

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You're looking good!