Tuesday, June 3, 2008

bonkers

Daycare was closed last Friday so I took the afternoon off so that J could go into the office. I wanted to get out to do something fun and found an indoor playground for toddlers that's FREE in the neighboring town of Danvers.

Surprisingly, the place was dead so we had it all to ourselves. Riley had a great time trying out the various playthings. I'm beginning to make some observations about my boy as I get him into new situations such as this.

First of all, he's not a daredevil. He gets to the top looks down the other side and gives me this look that pleads for intervention. This was taken prior to one such look:









Sometimes, he just tries something, assuming that it's the right thing to do. This one didn't turn out badly since it was a very short slide with pads at the bottom. He wouldn't attempt it on the bigger slide, however.












Here I got to see his persistence as he tried about 50 times to go backwards up the "big" slide...









...only to fall back time and time again.









He stopped from time to time to watch the big kids playing the arcade games:












And he got to knock down bigger blocks than what he has at home:


It was a fun afternoon of play and we look forward to going back there again soon!

Shelby

No comments: