Thursday, June 7, 2007

feet & feedings

Those of you who saw me in the final weeks of my pregnancy know that I had some serious fluid retention issues. I couldn’t find my true feet – they were lost in all the swelling. I can happily announce that my feet are back and for the first time since mid-April I can wear my regular shoes again:

My appt with the lactation consultant went very well and Riley was able to latch on (after many tries) and get a total of 3.2 oz of mama juice based on his weight before and after the feeding. I got a lot of great tips from the LC and we had two successful feedings thus far.

We had another good night of him sleeping 5 hours, getting a bottle from dad and sleeping another 3 hours before mom fed him. The LC suggested that I pump just before bed and let dad get up for the first feeding (by bottle) and I get up the second feeding so that each of us can have a concentrated 4-5 hours of sleep at a time. We’re going to try it tonight and see how it works.

Riley likes his swing (so does mama when she needs a break) so I’ll close with a picture of him in it.


Shelby


No comments: