Monday, December 29, 2008

40 minus 1

Today is my birthday...39 yrs young. It's the kind I tend to pay less attention to, since I tend to focus on the milestones. Contrary to many women, I'm actually excited about turning 40. Now that I know a lot of 40-somethings, it seems like a good age to be.

Since I had to work today (an unfortunately reality of being a treasury professional), we marked my birthday yesterday by going to my favorite sushi place, Minado. It's a Japanese seafood buffet; all-you-can-eat sushi for $20 -- a "bahgin" in Boston.

We usually go to Minado after church with our friends Jon and Oil. This time we were joined by Ken & Lisa too. Six adults and 4 kids under the age of 3, missing their naps as we stuffed face. It was a great time.














Riley began shoving maki rolls in his mouth before we got back to our table. The fish eggs (right) were a particular favorite and he got it all over his pants and high chair.









CeCe joined us about half-way through after catching a short nap. Check out Jon's colorful plate with his first round of sushi:









Zac & Zippy showing off their expert handling of chopsticks. No fair, they're half Thai:









After finishing our meal, the kids enjoyed looking out the window and saying hi to people, while the adults talked. They kept themselves entertained for almost an hour, I'd guess.









I captured the kids spinning around, though my inability to talk and film at the same time is evident there in the beginning...ha:


The latest family shot with Riley plugging his ears -- one of his latest discoveries.



















My actual present is coming in Feb...a concert with four of my favorite artists all on one stage. It's a rare treat and I can't wait!

My pre-birthday was a great day spent with my friends and family. Thanks to the Zivans and Crounses to helping to make it special. Now, the countdown to 40 begins!

Shelby

No comments: