Thursday, May 20, 2010

randomness

Now that life is full of the stuff of newborns, I find pics that I meant to put up here that are weeks old. Better late than never, right? Here goes...

I first put Kendall in the Bumbo seat when she was around 6 weeks old. She looked so cute in it and did a pretty good job of not collapsing sideways with that jelly spine of hers:












After a couple of minutes she was done, so Riley (who is now interested in all of her things) sat himself in it. Man, did he look big!












Around that same time, I got serious about getting back into my old clothes as I'm currently in-between wardrobes. I'm totally into salads now, at least if they have the avocados, hard-boiled eggs, almonds, feta & fruit on top. Here Kendall supervises the building of the salad-to-salivate for:











As Riley will start with the SpEd preschool next Monday, we've been talking up going to school. He was pretty excited about getting a backpack and struts around in it, proud as a peacock. Since there is bus service, we've signed up for it and he seems to look forward to riding it. I hope that when he realizes that he's riding without us that he will still enjoy it.

I still haven't processed the fact that my baby boy is now jumping on a bus and going to school. This "letting go" seems harder than leaving him with a daycare provider. How someone parents a child without the knowledge that a sovereign, loving God is caring for them is beyond me. It's scary enough knowing that God loves my son more than I do and nothing will happen that He hasn't ordained. Nothing has shown me how little control I actually have than having a child. Downright terrifying at times, until I beat the truth back into my brain.

My nearly 3 yr old preschooler...Doesn't he look like a big boy?!

















Well, we have lots happening in the next few days, so you may just get a few timely blogs as Riley finishes up with E.I., celebrates his 3rd birthday and starts preschool. Stay tuned!

Shelby

No comments: