Friday, July 2, 2010

learning about time

Now that Riley's moved on from the alphabet and has learned to count to 10, I thought I'd start to introduce him to the concept of time. I thought that a weekly calendar would be a good place to start, so I started googling (is that a verb now??) kids weekly calendars to see what was out there since my graphic arts skills are pathetic, at best.

I found a magnetic calendar by a company called 2fish kids that I thought would be something enjoyable for Riley to use. It came in the mail today and I'm so excited about it, I just had to share.














It uses magnets for various holidays, activities and special events that are common as well as a dry erase marker for writing in other noteworthy events or to-dos. In addition, they can use the seasonal magnets to learn about the longer periods of time such as months as well as magnets to denote the weather for the day. It even has magnets for today, tomorrow and yesterday to help with understanding past and future days. Cool!

While I'm a little concerned that some of the pieces may go missing, but I think it's worth the trade-off if it helps him understand these concepts.

Anyway, just wanted to share about our latest learning tool!

Shelby

1 comment:

Jack said...

What a beautiful family! Congratulations on your upcoming 6th wedding anniversary and your two adorable children.
If you haven’t already done so, we would love for you to join our Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/eharmony and share the latest news about your family with our Success Stories team: http://www.eharmony.com/stories.
All the best to your wonderful family! Jack