Monday, August 13, 2007

ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

(My first non-Riley blog…)

Discovered another change to my body due to pregnancy – my arches have fallen. After 5 weeks of running with what were perfectly fine shoes last Feb, I had to buy a new pair for my post-pregnancy feet. I now need shoes for excessive pronators like myself whose feet roll inward due to low arches. I was getting some mild shin splints due to the pronation and that’s bad news for my running habit.

So, I found a terrific running store called Runners Edge in Malden and the guy recommended the Brooks Addiction 7. Not only will it help with the over-pronation, but will provide good shock absorption (critical now that I have excess pounds to lose).









I’ve taken them out for three runs and am thrilled with how my feet feel. In fact, I was able to up my mileage from 2.3 miles to 3 with no problems. I'm a happy runner again...

Shelby


No comments: