Sunday, August 3, 2008

sippy cups

I'm very particular about my son's sippy cups. First, I wanted one that wouldn't spill. I found that Gerber made some good ones so I bought some of the Fun Grips in different sizes and shapes. I also like one from Playtex called the First Sipster that has handles that are easy for Riley to grab.

All was fine and good until we realized that we also needed a sippy cup that was insulated to keep liquids cool for hours. Lisa and Jenn from church both recommended the Thermos Foogo sippy cup which I found at Target for half the price that Babies-R-Us was selling it for. Bought two and it goes with him to daycare every day in his lunch box.

Alas, I found yet another limitation with the array of sippy cups in our house. Riley can't drink to the bottom of them when he's a) in his car seat and b) when he's in his high chair. I needed one with a straw so he didn't have to tip his head back in order to drink to the last drop. I wanted something like my Camelbak bottle, which only dispenses liquid from the straw if I bite to open it.

Well, the search is over. I found the Nuby Insulated Sippy Cup with Flip-it Straw yesterday and it passed the test. Easy to use, no spill and no need to tilt his head back. Add the bonus that it has an extra lining of insulation to keep liquids cold for longer and a teether-friendly straw and we have a winner.

A sippy cup for all occasions. Here's Riley-boy with said sippy cup enjoying a soynut butter sandwich (thanks for the tip, Jenny!) at lunch today:















Shelby

No comments: