Sunday, August 17, 2008

a visit from tom and leah

Those of you readers who attended our wedding probably remember my friends Tom and Leah Cornwell who provided some of the music prior to the ceremony. Tom is a professional musician and Leah lent her beautiful voice to make our big day special. Their youngest son Eli was just a baby and quite a hit with folks there.

















I met the Cornwells serendipitously while reading at a park in Portland, ME back in 2000. I was sitting in a shelter at a picnic table and they were out for a picnic looking for a place to get out of the rain that had just started. As we shared the table and got to talking, we discovered that we were Christians, musicians and fans of the late Rich Mullin's music.

Tom and Leah helped me with my move to Boston in Jan '02 and it was Leah who was instrumental in convincing me to sign up for eharmony in Jan, 04. She brought a perspective to me that I hadn't considered and I knew it was God sent. So J and I are grateful to Leah for her friendship to me and how God has blessed us both through her.

They now live in Colorado and Tom has a career writing and performing children's music. Because he worked in the extermination business, he wrote a bunch of songs about bugs and now he brings his music to libraries, schools and other venues around the country. Check out www.bugsongs.com to learn more.

Tom was on a two-week library tour up in Maine with Leah and their sons (Judah - 10, Micah - 6, and Eli - 3) and they stopped in last night for a quick visit on their way back home. It was great to see them all again after 2 years and Riley enjoyed having so many playmates in the house.

Being entertained by Micah:














Getting blueberries from Judah:














With Leah:














We love and miss this dear family:














Shelby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww....geez....that's really sweet.....we miss you guys too! Thanks for the memorable moose burgers and delectable brownies! Everytime I see an eHarmony commercial on t.v. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about how God used that outlet to put you two together. We love you!!!